- The past cannot be changed.
- Overthinking only leads to frustration and sadness.
- Other people’s opinions don’t define your reality.
- Depression does not define who you are.
- Positive thoughts creative positive things.
- You’ll only fail if you quit.
- Slow progress is BETTER than no progress at all.
- Everyone’s journey is different.
- It’s pointless to compare yourself to others.
- You don’t need other people to validate you.
- To fail means you did better than the one who did not try at all.
- Smiles are contagious.
- Kindness if free.
- Success does not happen overnight. Rome wasn’t a built in a day.
- Opinions aren’t facts.
- Rest is just as important as working hard.
- Positivity is a choice.
- Things always get better with time.
- Consistency is everything.
- Hard work always beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
Sometimes daily positive reminders are needed in order to help us stay focused on where we’re trying to go! If you keep all or at least most of these in mind, then you’ll reach your goals for sure!! I hope you guys have a great day! Thanks for visiting my blog today. Your company is ALWAYS appreciated!!
I’m so glad to finally see this month! April seemed like it lasted FOREVER!! Everything about it was so slow! Work was slow, most of the days were long and gloomy because it rained so much and on top that we were still seeing winter temps which was no fun and if you’re from Tennessee then you know how bipolar the weather is here!! On a brighter note, I’m welcoming May with open arms!! I’m so excited to see the warmer temps, enjoy this pretty weather and watch the trees and flowers bloom and blossom again!! Despite the rainy days, S P R I N G is such a beautiful season!!🌳🌻🌼🌸
I thought it’d be a good idea to start the month off by setting some personal goals! So here are my five!! 💕
- Stop Letting My Mood Shift Based on the Insignificant Actions of Someone Else
- Drink More Water – I’ve actually been doing pretty good with this one! I’m proud of myself 😂
- Lay off the Bread – I eat entirely too many bready foods and I need to quit! It’s defeating the purpose of me working out and exercising to lose this pudge of mine that’s starting to get out of hand!
- Learn How To Meal Prep & Start Putting it into Action!
- Get More Consistent About Spending Time With Jesus – I got a little slackful last month! Gotta do better.
If you haven’t set any goals, you totally should !! Personal Growth is Addictive and you should always spend time doing that. You don’t have to be dramatic and set a bunch of goals nor do they have to be hard ones. It’s okay to take small steps daily in the process of becoming a BETTER You. And the goals you don’t achieve this month, roll ’em over to the next month and work even harder towards them! ☺
First, I want to say THANK YOU to all of my readers and followers!! Without you, reaching this milestone of having over 10,000 views & 500 followers would not have been possible. I literally started this blog on a wing and prayer just hoping that it would be successful and I have to admit, I’m actually kind of surprised to see how far along it’s came!! I give God all the Glory for people who have personally been helped, touched, encouraged or inspired through my blog. 🙌
Even though most of my post are inspired by Pinterest or current circumstances and situations, I try to be spirit led on whatever I choose to write and share on here. Although my main goal is to encourage other people, I often find myself being encouraged in the process!! The whole time I’m steadily trying to build everyone else up, God is building me sometimes without me even realizing it! So again, thank you for your daily love and support. It means more to me than you will ever know!! I will continue to cheer for you guys and support your blogs as much as I can !! Keep writing and inspiring people out there!! 💛💜
Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way – Let’s have some fun and make some new friends!!😜 Be sure to leave your blog links and a small description on what kind of blog you run !! 🙂 Afterwards, be sure to scroll through & show some of these other amazing bloggers lots of love!! #BloggersSupportingBloggers
I closed my eyes and tried to envision where I seen myself in five years. I tried not to get hung up on the obvious details like my career or marital status but instead I tried to be as realistic as possible; not what I’m wishing or hoping to happen but the reality of what will most likely be going on..
- I see My Husband & I still being married.
- Definitely living a healthier life since we’ve joined a gym & trying to create a habit of eating healthier foods.
- RJ will be 10 years old & Noah will be 8 – the thought of that makes me so sad! Lord have mercy; time & the way it just flies by!
- They’ll be getting into those ages where they can really start getting involved more in sports so I totally see me & Justin being the “sporty” parents. That part is exciting!!
- I see our credit being tremendously improved! We’re working on that now so we can celebrate later.
- I see us being FIRST TIME HOME OWNERS!! 🙂 We actually had the opportunity for that last month and even though it was a really good deal, we just thought it’d be better to wait until our credit was where it needed to be so we could have a cheaper mortgage rate and live comfortably.
- I definitely see nicer cars for us in the future. As a matter of fact, I’m getting ready to trade my Saturn 2000 in pretty soon! Old car, I know right? This was my very FIRST car! My daddy bought it for me during my senior year of high school and I’ve had it every since then. For 10 years now this car has gotten me from point A to point B. It’s been my little blessing & it’s a miracle that it’s lasted this long haha.
- I’m sure I’ll probably have another job by then since there’s not really an opportunity to grow where I am now. The only way I’ll stay is if my arts/craft business or blogging business is super successful and brings me in good amount of second income. For those of you who don’t know, I make personalized burlap wreaths & I’m thinking about investing into a vinyl machine to start making personalized shirts 🙂 I love doing stuff like that! I’m a very creative person.
- We’ll be way more financially stable.. not saying we aren’t now but we’ll definitely being living comfortably.
- I might and might not be pregnant again.. I don’t know.. I’m still praying about that one hahaha but if I am.. Fingers crossed for a girl!!😜💖🤞
So yeah that’s pretty much where and what I realistically see myself doing 5 years from now! I’m looking forward to it & whatever plan God is cooking up there! What about you? I know it’s a little thought provoking but where do you really see yourself 5 years from now? See if you can name one 😉😊
“Maybe you’re low on energy because you’ve been giving your time towards meaningless things. The people, convos, jobs, relationships, habits, foods just aren’t feeding you.” -Tatiana Jerome
This is so true!🙌 Sometimes we give entirely too much time & attention to the wrong things, people and even problems. Not only is it energy draining but in some cases it can be emotionally draining too. Over the past few months, I’ve been on a mission to regain my sense of “self-peace” back & along the way, I have discovered that there is truly power in loving people from a distance. As a result of putting that back into action, I’ve noticed that I’m not nearly as stressed anymore and I feel free more than ever now to actually focus on my own dreams, goals and other things I’m in the process of trying to accomplish. Loving people from a distance doesn’t mean that you don’t still love & care about them or support them. Loving from a distance doesn’t mean you’re cutting people completely out of your life either. It just simply means that you’re giving them the space and time to get their minds right before you let them back into your life. Some people can be so toxic and not only people but also meaningless things period. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again.. if you’re not careful, people will drive you crazy! They will stress you out & have you drained over things that really don’t have anything to do with you.
I’m more protective over my energy now! I’m protective over everything now actually when it comes to myself lol but in all seriousness, I’ve gotten to where if it doesn’t concern me, if it doesn’t contribute to reaching my goals/success or if it doesn’t benefit my growth in any kind of way.. I don’t too much fool with it anymore. It’s not that I’m acting funny; I’ve just realized that it’s a waste of time for me to be getting caught up in everybody else’s business and other unnecessary things that don’t really require my attention. Sometimes you have to back away from certain conversations and just remember “You’ve got stuff to do.” More action, less talk. Remember, YOU get to make daily decisions about who and what deserves access to you!! Don’t ever forget that. No one has to understand your positive changes. Do what’s best for you. 💞